To anyone travelling with pets, we wish you an easy and safe journey.

For international destinations, each country has specific requirements for travelling with animals. Be prepared to have all proper documentation required for pet travel; it is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that the animal has all the necessary vaccinations (as well as a microchip) when it comes to travelling.

In order to ensure a smooth process we recommend following several general guidelines.

To see the international requirements, please refer to Government of Canada link below:

For more information on travelling with a pet, place contact one of the following local Canadian Food Inspection Agency offices:

145 Renfrew Drive, Unit 160
Markham, Ontario
L3R 9R6
Telephone: 905-513-2850
Facsimile: 905-513-2852

1050 Courtneypark Drive East, Suite 155
Mississauga, Ontario
L5T 2R4
Telephone: 289-247-4098
Facsimile: 905-795-9834

The owner must contact one of these CFIA offices and follow the protocol for pet travel according to the country of their destination – each country will have different regulations. Be prepared in advance.